Silk Product Washing Instructions
Please follow these instructions so that you will enjoy your LOVESILK™ products for years to come.
ONLY WASH IN COLD WATER - Washing your silk products in hot water will damage them. We recommend that you either 1) hand wash the silk in cold water by gently agitating for 3 to 5 minutes, or 2) machine wash on delicate cycle using a mesh wash bag. Using a mesh wash bag will help to protect your valuable silk from being damaged by the washing machine’s agitator.
- DO NOT use all-purpose detergents as they contain caustic chemicals that are harmful to silk fibers.
- DO use a detergent designed specifically for delicate fabrics. We recommend the ECO STORE Wool & Delicates Silk Wash family of laundry detergents.
- HANG DRY or Air dry. If you must machine dry a no heat setting is recommended.
- NEVER use fabric softener, dryer sheets or plastic dryer balls.
- NEVER use bleach when washing silk. NEVER dry clean silk.
- IRONING - We do not recommend ironing silk. If you still prefer to iron, we recommend doing so on the lowest setting and inside out to avoid burning the silk fibers. Silk bedding will wrinkle after drying but should straighten after a night or two of use. Pro tip: Placing the silk on your bed while it is still slightly damp will help eliminate wrinkles.